uShare.to's interface has a few sections - let's get familiar with them.
The Navigation Bar & Browser
|1.||Tags are a convenient way to label your Shares.|
|2.|| Comments are a great way to have threaded conversation off a post. Comments display in real-time; clicking a Comment |
will pop-up a window of that thread.
|3.||@mentions lets you call out a specific user who'll receive an instant notification that they have been mentioned.|
The (Share) Menu Bar
TagsTags are a convenient way to label Shares for easier searching or grouping.
ConferencingThese three icons how you initiate a conference: video, audio, screen-share. Whichever you use to start a conference, you can toggle the other components on/off during the conference.
Schedule a MeetingUse Schedule a Meeting to schedule a meeting with any members in this Share. The meeting will be scheduled on the Share's calendar and email invitations will be sent out to participants.
Search in ShareUse this Search to find anything in this specific Share. To search account-wide, use the Search on the bottom of the Navigation Bar.
The Settings for a given Share will vary by member.
- Email Notifications - All Shares are set to the default email notifications set in the user's account settings. To override per Share, switch the email notifications here.
- Favorite (the star icon) - Favoriting a Share will place a star next to the Share name and sort the Share to the top of the Share Browser.
- Settings (the wrench icon) - Only the Share owner and administrators will have this option. Share settings is where you can configure:
- Title (Name of Share)
- Access (Members of Public)
- Allow Inviting
- Duplicate Share - This is a handy tool to duplicate the Share - minus chats, activities, and connections.
- Leave Share - Should you wish to leave a Share, this is where to go. If you are an owner of a Share and wish to leave, you will be prompted to select a new owner of the Share
- Archive - Only the Share owner has this option. Archiving a Share will remove all members from the Share as well we removing it from the Share Browser. The Share will be available from the Archive section (from the carat in the Share Browser's search) where all information is preserverd for safekeeping.
- Remove Share - Only the Share owner has the option. This will effectively delete the Share, removing all members and information.
The Sidebar can be toggled on and off and gives access to the main components in a given Share.
SHARED STUFF are repositories of information by type:
MEMBERS displays the members in the Share and if you are the owner or an administrator, a field to invite other members.
Hover over the avatar of a member to send a direct message and if you are the owner of the Share, you can make members administrators of the Share here as well.
INVITATION LINK is a specific URL to give to someone to invite into your Share as an alternative to inviting by sending an email.
ADD MESSAGES BY EMAIL is the dropbox email address for a Share. Any member of the Share may forward or send an email to this email address and the content of the email, including attachments, will be inserted into the Share.